Monday, September 21, 2009

Two days...

Ok, so here goes... Two days to go!! This photo was taken on Friday (38wks, 4 days). The belly continues to rock and roll every day!! And boy, does she like to move!! I hope this isn't a telling sign that she's gonna be a climber and give me a daily heart attack!! :)

The weekend was pretty relaxing. Friday was Ken's birthday and we celebrated with a dinner outing to Red Robin! We had a great dinner and dessert afterwards, and then some presents. Saturday was Finnegan's birthday, and it was even more low key. I made sandwiches for dinner, and Finnegan took his time throughout the day to open his presents. I went for a pre-natal massage on Saturday before the birthday excitement began, and a pedi. Both were wonderful, although the massage therapist said to me "You haven't had a massage at all during your pregnancy, have you?" Big Fat Nope!! "I can tell!" she said!! And my back could tell too. It was pretty sore the rest of the night, but feels great now. And I am proud to announce that the massage did allow me to STOP waddling. I walk upright and straight, even though I'm 39 weeks pregnant!! It's pretty freeing!! I'll probably go back in a couple of months for a second massage. :) I also had a pedi!! I was going through the photos from Finn's birth and loved to see my pretty toes sticking out of those compression deals that I have to wear during the surgery and for 24 hours after wards.

Sunday was relaxing with a nap and a trip to Costco after church. Just nice to be with the family and have some quiet time before our sweet daughter arrives.

Finnegan and I have been counting down the days with our paperchain. We tear off one ring each day to mark the days until sister arrives. He gets excited each day when we do it!!

Finnegan had his 2nd year doctor's appt today, and it was a rough one. He didn't want to take off his shoes to be weighed. He didn't want to take his clothes off. He didn't want to sit on the table. Just super fussy today. And then we continued with the shots!! He got 3 of them!! He had to sit on my lap (or what is left of it) and had to hold his arms, while the nurse held his feet between hers!! Oh, poor baby! It just breaks your heart each time. So we retreated home for a movie and some chocolate milk!! It makes everything better :)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Enjoy your last couple of days as a family of 3! And of course meeting your baby girl will be great! I love those first days home with a baby, so sweet!

Chaeli said...

Wow Erin, are you ready?? It seems like it's gone so fast and she'll be here before you even know it!
I got a massage and a pedi two weeks before I had Brennan and it was wonderful! And now your toes will look all pretty during labor :)

Jenney said...

Oh, you are so close! Glad you are feeling well.