Thursday, October 15, 2009

So I haven't posted in a few days... And my posts will most likely be less often until I get the hang of this "mother of 2" thing and get caught up on my sleep! So, since I haven't posted in a while, here's what's been happening during the Morgan's Matinee performance!

  • Mom and Dad left yesterday... It is always weird when they leave. I was reminded that since my parents left, I now had to be the adult again and couldn't just sit around and wait for someone to wait on me, as I did when I was a kid. "Oh wait, I'm the adult and have to do adult things again!" It's always sad when mom and dad leave, as we never know when the next time we will see them. That is probably the hardest part. And now having 2 kids, traveling will be more difficult.
  • We have an appt with the plastic surgeon for Penelope's eye for early November. Although they won't be able to do anything until early December or later, we'll go and meet the doctor and see what he has to say about her eye. After making the appt, I went online and found the doctors website. This plastic surgeon that we'll be seeing worked in Beverly Hills for a while, and is a highly decorated surgeon. I'm interested in speaking with him about Penelope and her eye.
  • I went out with my sister today with the kids. I'm not too sure how I will handle two kids while running errands on my own. I'm sure it will take lots of practice and mistakes. I'm so afraid that Finnegan will get hit by a car in a parking lot, or that I'll forget Penelope in the car because she's so quiet. Lots of changes, and I know I must take it one day and task at a time, until I get used to it all. The count down is on for me to do it on my own. Monday is my first day of my new job... doing it on my own!
  • Penelope's newborn photos are in. If you're interested in seeing them, email me and I'll send you the information to view them.
  • I'm feeling pretty good for the most part in terms of my recovery. I am pretty tired still, as Penelope is still sleeping a max of 3 hours at night. She's slept 4 hours a couple of mights, but she's not making as much strides in progress. Penelope is very much more cuddly than Finnegan was. She likes to sit with us just to sit with us. I've taken the aid of a hot water bottle on occasions to help her cope when she just wants to be held and I can't do it do to other obligations. Too bad this cuddly baby wasn't my first!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you considered getting a wrap to hold Penelope in while you need to get stuff done. That way you both get what you need... Try a Moby wrap. I know you can get them at Target.com - I've heard LOTS of good things about them. In fact, when baby #3 arrives (not announcing anything, just that we are planning on a baby #3 eventually), I'm getting on.
Melissa

Jenney said...

So glad you got a girl and a cuddler! However, I know it is almost impossible to get things done. I'm never sure how I get anything done. James locked himself in the bathroom today and I was tempted to leave him there :o)

Adminswife said...

I thought of you yesterday. I was at the store buying a "first babies Christmas" ornament for Jaden. They had one that was a pea pod with a head on it and it said, "Sweet Pea's first Christmas." If I were rich, you would have gotten a "first" gift from us! Sorry, we couldn't do it. It is at JC Penneys if you feel like shopping. Congratulations on "P's" arrival. She is a keeper.