UPDATED--
One week from today, Finnegan turns 1 year old. That means in one wee from tomorrow I will have a house full of guests here to celebrate, including four out of town parents :)
I am in full swing of executing my plans for the party. Yesterday I took Finnegan for his year photos, and they turned out very well. I'll post them when Ken returns with the CORRECT CD with FINNEGAN's photos, not some random child. :) I've been cleaning and doing laundry this week trying to prep the house for the last minute cleaning and all we'll do this week.
This weekend we have a birthday party to attend and then I'll be in full planning and preparing mode. Today we'll go to Sam's and get some frozen and non-perishable goods. Next week it's off to grocery store and the florist and balloon place. I'll be making meals and cakes and cupcakes next week, along with hosting my husband birthday dinner and dessert. Oh, all of it just makes me nervous just talking about it.
The Landscaper returned yesterday morning bright and early. I had a short conversation with him and he told me that he'd be working on our job until it was done. He'd had some other things that came up to take care of, but he was back and would be working till things were done. I explained to him that I had house guests coming next week and he said that things should be done by then. I later over-heard him explaining to a buddy about someone who'd done him wrong... I was curious to know if it was an employee (because he owns his own business) and perhaps that is why he's not given his attention to our job. Anyway, we arrived back from our photo outing and he was gone, and didn't return the rest of the day. And he hasn't arrived yet today. I just try to keep calm about it, and gracious, but I have guests coming!!! AHHH!! He could have been almost done if he would have worked all day yesterday. The job is only a 3-4 day job, and he's already put one full day in. He's so close!! I'll keep you posted, if I don't have an ulcer first!! :)
(Let me just say, that I know it is silly to worry about it, and I continue to give it to the Lord and then take it back... It's a constant struggle with me, as you know!! Take each thought captive and surrender it to the Lord.)
Oh, I just saw a commercial for the new Biggest Loser show... I can't wait. It starts this week. Will you be watching? It is so exciting and encouraging to watch those people lose weight! Hopefully they'll encourage me this time too to keep going!! 15lbs so far... and stuck again! But I'll figure it out sooner or later! :)
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
2 comments:
Ah, the first birthday party! Fun for everyone but the 1 year old usually :o) I hope everything goes welland remember-people aren't there to see your house, so I wouldn't worry about it. They are there to enjoy Finnegan and you guys too! Best of luck to you...and I'd report your landscaper to the Better Business Bureau...he needs some better business!
Thanks Jenney for your encouragement. You are completely right! We are looking forward to the party!
Post a Comment