So our neighbor, who owns his own landscaping and construction business (for the past 20 yrs), is installing our sprinkler system in our lawn. He came two weeks ago and quoted us a price and seemed surprised that we decided to do it on the spot. He told us that he would be finished with his current project in a couple of days and would begin our job on Monday or Tuesday of last week. Well, Monday was a holiday, so I thought that I'd give him a day or two of work to finish and then call if he hadn't shown up. By Friday, last week, he still hadn't shown up at our home so I gave him a call. He was just finishing up that day at that job and would begin our job on Monday. Sure enough, he showed up on Monday morning, and cut the grass for the trenches in the front and back yards and then began working in the back yard. He got about 3/4 of the back yard finished and was promptly gone by 4pm, while leaving his tools (shovels of all sizes, pipes and other tools) all over our back yard. Our hose was even strung out into the yard. Ken was ok with the mess because he saw no need to clean up if he was coming back in the morning to finish. I wasn't ok with the mess that he left, but understood and was ok with it for the night. It is now Wednesday morning and he has yet to return. Because he lives down the street, I can see his truck in the driveway, so I know he hasn't gone far... But it is just sort of weird. I don't want to rush him, but want him to get the work done, as I'm having house guests and hosting a party next week.
My problem with the whole thing is that there has not been any communication. He told us he'd start a week ago and didn't. I had to call him and find out what was going on. Then, he doesn't show up for 2 days and there is no word of why. I think he needs to get a secretary or an assistant to help with the communication of his business. Even a call to say that he needed to tie up loose ends at another project and he'll be back on this day, would be better than not hearing anything at all, and having the customer inquire about it... That's all I have to say about that.
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment