Sunday, October 5, 2008

Full Brain Sunday....

Today was a day full of brain activity. This morning was the start of Truth Project at church. We began to learn about "truth" and what is truth. Have you ever thought about that? What is Truth? Obviously we started talking about Relative Truth and Absolute truth. Oh, the next weeks will be filled with deep thoughts and long discussions. I'm looking forward to it, but also sort of dreading the "stretching". :)

Also, today I finished a book... Probably the fastest I've ever read a book in my life. I finished it in 3 days!! :) The book was "Louder than Words" by Jenny McCarthy. I know, she wouldn't normally be my first choice of an author, but I've seen her several times on TV talking about her son's battle with autism and her research, and I was very intrigued by her work. The book had many dimensions. She talked in detail about her son's progression and diagnosis of autism and how her life began to "fall apart". Her marriage deteriorated and she was literally a wreck all the time, as she wasn't sleeping, and researching all the time about her son's symptoms and potential "cures". The book is very inspiring on the front of autism as she was blessed with some break-throughs.

And after reading the book, I just really have a heart for her as a mother. I wish I knew her personally so I could introduce her to my friend Jesus :) In the book she explains about seeking EVERY religion and religious person that she knew to find healing for her son. She talks about calling out to God for help and then realizing that he'd answered her. It gave me chills to read some of the "coincidences" that she had, but knowing that God was orchestrating the whole thing, so that he could be revealed to her. But then after he'd answered her cries, she would then consult astrology cards. This made me very sad.

I've always been interested in the topic of autism. And since hearing about the "cure" that Jenny McCarthy's son has experienced I was very interested in reading her story. Her findings are very interesting to me and I believe that there needs to be much more research done and LOTS more awareness about autism... not just from a vaccine standpoint, but from a pre-disposition of autism (as 1% of non vaccinated children get it too). And I think because vaccines are involved, the government is afraid of what they might find. Just my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I've posted about this before, and feel that vaccines are vital to our society and are important medical break-throughs. However, there are too many red flags with them, and scary things associated with them... not just autism but allergies and diabetes.

Anywho, that was my sunday. Now, I've finished watching the Amazing Race (which started last week... who knew, and how did I miss it?) and now Desperate Housewives. :)

Have a happy monday, peeps!

No comments: