Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So Far, So Good...

So last week, I posted a few, financial goals. I must admit that so far, so good. Last week, I only made one trip to Starbucks and Target and didn't go to Old Navy and Gymboree. This week has started off well. I went to the grocery store today and used coupons. I was so proud of myself. I planned a menu before I went and bought with coupons. Today, I did get an email from Gymboree about a 60% off sale and I took at look at the things on sale and then remember I wasn't shopping there. So, I deleted the email... out of sight, out of mind, right??

And, last week, Ken asked me to close my accounts with Target and Old Navy... I never used the Target card anyway, it was just sort of a back up, and the Old Navy card, was only used at old navy... so reluctantly, I closed them. But it's for the best.

Have a great $$ savvy week!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Keep it up! Good job!

Jessica said...

Good job! I feel your pain, the tension between saving and spending is a struggle for me. It seems we love all the same things, Targer, Starbucks and Old Navy.

One thing that has help me stay on our family budget is having two checking accounts. One for General Fund (bills) and the other is a Monthly Allowance account (for grocery, eating out and fun), once my Monthly Allowance is empty I'm cut off.

Oh and never go shopping with your Credit Cards, if you don't have them you can't use them!

Good Luck!

Jenney said...

Good for you! Keep it up. It is so hard, but so rewarding. The nice thing about getting finances in order now is that our boys will never know the difference, they will grow up seeing us do wise things with money. I pray everyday that they see me do wise things in general...so far I'm not sure what they've observed.