Monday, October 13, 2008

Little Tiny Pieces...

Oh - Crazy story... On Saturday, we went up to Seattle to visit Kelly and Amy for Kelly's birthday. We were there for several hours and planned to eat and play games etc with them. It was very fun. About half way through, Finnegan was getting really fussy and so we planned to put him down for a nap in their bedroom (in his pack and play) while we chatted etc. We set up the pack and play and put him down. He cried for a bit and then quieted down. About 20 minutes into his nap time, Shawnta poked her head in and Finnegan was standing up in the P&P and just playing. About 10 minutes later, I heard this loud cry and as I did, someone else said, Finnegan's crying. I went into the room and it was dark, so I walked over to the P&P and tried to feel around in the bottom for his pacifier... I couldn't find it... But then I felt shards of something sharp. I had no idea what it was. I ran over and turned the lights on and there were papers all in the bottom of the pack and play and a ceramic figurine (like a tree stump and a little leprechaun) all shattered in the bottom of his pack and play. I automatically went into panic mode (i know, the worst thing to do). And I really don't remember much of what happened. Ken said that I pulled him close to me and didn't see any blood, so I was ok, until he was crying and I saw he had things in his mouth!! Ken said that I was holding Finn close not letting anyone get close to him, and yet I wasn't trying to remove whatever it was. Ken pulled out two little sea shells and no broken ceramic. After I calmed down, we decided to give him about 1/4 tsp of olive oil to help his stools pass (sorry TMI) a bit smoother just in case he'd eaten something. Oh, I was so terrified at first. I felt horrible that he'd broken something of hers. And that we hadn't thought that he likes to pull at stuff!! But at least he wasn't hurt!! I just kept saying that!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

What a scary thing to happen! I'm glad Finnegan is ok!

Jessica said...

Oh Erin, you poor thing. I'ld brace yourself, you'll have many more moments like this in the next year. I'm so glad Finn was alright!!!

Megan said...

How scary! I'm glad all is well now.