Tuesday, November 25, 2008

NKOTB comments

Ok, so this totally cracks me up how much people are interested or know of someone who went to the concert.  I don't know that I would go as far as Andrea's friend who thought that next to her wedding day, it was the best day of her life!  But it was pretty fun.  For those of you who know me from childhood, I have been a HUGE NKOTB fan since the beginning.  The mania was led by my sister Beth, and Andrea and I just followed suit.  We had the videos and the posters, lunch boxes, bed sheets, dolls and tons of other stuff.  All of our memoribelia fills 2 bins that my sister has at her house.  I went to  joe mcintyre concert in college roommate too.  It was pretty crazy back in the day!  But, I must admit, these days, I've moved on.  Granted, I really enjoy them as a group and enjoy the nostalgia that the concert creates.  But, when I entered the concert, I knew I wasn't going to meet them, let alone, go home with one of them.  But many of the concert goers did.  I've watched some videos on the internet of women meeting the guys in the band and saying, "I've loved you for 20 years and I drove 10 hours to get here.  I LOVE YOU !!!"  So crazy!  I like them becuase their fun, and like to have fun.  I love watching their crazy videos on line of the life I will NEVER have.  Fascinating to me!  

At the concert, I really didn't feel young again.  The concert started at 8pm and they didn't get on stage until 9:30pm.  I didn't feel young at all.  I was tired and wanted it to start so I could get to bed at a decent hour!  :)  I know it's crazy.  But the concert was fun!  The dancing was fun and I was impressed with the level of commitment they had... meaning, there wasn't just a few songs that were choreographed.  They all were.  There were songs that just one or two of the guys were out (to give the others a break) but for the most part, everything was very well done.  I was impressed.  

There were women sitting near us just living it up.  My sister mentioned that it was weird to see concert goers holding beers, as that didn't happen when we were kids.  I thought it was too, to see it in person, especially to smell it too.  The gal sitting next too us cried during several songs.  And it wasn't like we were in the front row.  We were on the OPPOSITE side of the arena from the stage, and yet, she was crying.  I wasn't sure why, but then I still am a bit clueless of why my older sister used to cry when we were at the concerts 15 years ago.  :)

It was fun.  I wished my sisters had enjoyed it with me.  It's fun to do a concert like that, but it just wasn't the same without them there.  

Anywho - Hope you all enjoyed the photos and videos.  
'

2 comments:

Brea said...

What cracked me up was all the soccer moms out front lighting up a cig before the concert. I guess they figured they were away from the hubby and kids for a night, so why not.

I don't think I cried, but it was so amazing in Chicago (except when Donnie said GD) I mean, seriously, why was that necessary!

I would go back again in a heartbeat and you better believe if they come within driving distance of Nashvegas I'll be there.

You did some AWESOME NKOTB posts.

Jessica said...

maybe she was crying b/c she had a few too many beers.