This was actually the question of the day yesterday, but I didn't want to bombard your Thanksgiving celebrations with my silly questions!!
Question:
What is it about Wal-Mart that signals to people that when they go there, they don't have to dress properly or completely?? I took a short trip to Wal-mart at 9am on Thanksgiving morning and to my surprise, I was met by several patrons in their slippers and pajamas. Granted, I know some people have to run and get last minute items, but some customers were there with shopping carts full of groceries, while in their slippers. All they were missing was their house coat!! One gal didn't even have shoes on... just super dirty socks!
So what is it about Wal-mart that tells people that they don't have to look presentable when the shop there? Now, I know everyone rolls out of bed and runs to the store, but don't do your weekly grocery shopping in your pj's!! Come on people!!
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
4 comments:
At least you didn't have people shot, or run over by other morons. New York was full of idiots trying to save a dime. Crazy!
But, on the other hand, pjs are much better than immodest clothing that we see everywhere. You would think these people would freeze to death in the winter - but they would rather be in style.
AGREED! Whatever happenend to no shirt no shoes- NO SERVICE? I heard on the news this past Friday that a 34 year old Walmart worker was trampled to death when they opened the doors on black Friday. The Walmart world is definitely an interesting commentary on our society!!
I think it is because Walmart brings out the worst in people (or the worst people??). At least, that's been my experience. I love Walmart and its great deals (I bought 5 outfits and a pair of jeans for my boys on Friday for only $20!!), but it seems to bring out the worst in people. Hmm... does that mean that good deals are inherantly bad?? There's another question to ponder!
Melissa
I thought only the south had crazy Walmart shoppers, but it looks as if it's a nationwide problem!
Post a Comment