Thursday, May 21, 2009

I just realized today that it's been almost a full week since I posted last time. I have a few videos to post but just haven't yet. Perhaps later tonight I'll get around to it. We haven't been particularly busy this week. The normal Monday and Tuesday activities, including Gymboree and a trip to both Costco and Target. I was pretty excited to get a newspaper on Sunday during my trip to WalMart and found tons of coupons and sales that I wanted to take part in.

I went to Target on Tuesday and picked up at Cozy Coupe for Finnegan that was on sale for $35 when they normally retail for $50-$60. It's still in the garage and I think we'll keep it for his birthday rather than giving it too him right away. However, I haven't fully decided that. He may get it early this summer and then just get a few other things for his birthday. I don't know. (They are still on sale until Saturday here in WA, but check your local online ads at Target.com)

I took my first shopping trip with coupons this week. Although our store doesn't provide a lot of coupons in the weekly paper they do offer a few that I was able to take advantage of.
  • I got Kraft Cheese slices for cheap... There was a safeway coupon for $.99 package of cheese slices (regularly $3.99 on sale for $3.59 for safeway shoppers). I then had a coupon for $1/2 (MQ). So I got two packages for $3.59 - essentially the one with the safeway coupon was free.
  • I had a coupon for free Wheat Thin Artisan crackers if you bought ritz crackers. And a $1.00 off coupon for the ritz crackers. So I got both of them for $1.50.
  • I had a total of $18.50 off in coupons, and saved over $40 in Safeway deals (when they put something on sales). My receipt said that I save 45% off my bill. I think that's the highest I've ever saved. Hopefully it will only get better on those trips. :)
Ken's been working a lot at home recently. He has less than 3 weeks left on his Master's program (his second master's). He's busy working on the final project. He took 2 days off last week, and even took Monday off this last week. It's nice to have him home, but he doesn't do much, as he's working all day long. But we only have 2.5 weeks to go and HE'S DONE!!!

Finnegan's been completely obsessed with going outside now that the weather has turned nice. He's forever asking to go outside, even if its raining. And completely throws a fit when it's time to come in. So we're working to get over those tantrums. Overall he's still a good kid but does have a bit of a temper. But we're learning how to tame them... and we're successful at least part of the time.

I'll post a few photos and videos a little later. :)

1 comment:

Jenney said...

Great deals! Good job!