Friday, May 8, 2009

Smart as Can Be





My little boy, that is! Yesterday morning, I went to wake him up and get him out of his crib and he was just chillin like always. I pulled him out of his bed, and we, together, started to count some toys on his floor. Just then his daddy walked in. I said "one," and finnegan continued, "two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight" I just stood there with my mouth wide open. We've been counting for weeks (since he got his alphebet down) and he's NEVER done this!! I was so excited!! Visibly more excited then Ken, but that is always the case!

Later that night at the dinner table, I brought it back up and reminded Ken that he's never done that before. Ken started counting, and Finnegan picked up around the number four. He got to the number eight, and I thought he'd stop. Then he said "Nine, Ten" and then there was a pause and he started cheering for himself. This is what his little set of Leap Frog Meracas does... Once it gets to ten it starts cheering and says "you did it!" HAHAHAHA I laughed so hard!!

So as review... He's the smartest kid because he knows his alphabets and his 1-10 numbers (excluding the number 1 for some reason) at the age of 19.5 months!! :)

1 comment:

Aunt Beth said...

And of course he loves maracas! Aunt Beth is so proud! Wait til he sees the drum set I'm bringing him!. . . uh. . . guess I shouldn't have let that slip. LOL.