Friday, May 1, 2009

You weight what??

So, I'm 18 weeks pregnant and have gained 8lbs total (so far). I have 22 weeks left, and can only gain another 17lbs to stay within my weight gain goal. What's a pregnant girl to do?? That's less than a pound a week. Oh, man... this baby better come 5 weeks early :) Ok, maybe not. I suppose I need to cut out the ice cream that I've added to my diet for 5 weeks to compensate... But how do you take ice cream away from a pregnant girl?? That's tough one!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm with you, ice cream is a pregnancy staple.

Jenney said...

I gained 18 with Baby J and 18 with Snug. They were always not happy I didn't gain more...I'm surprised they are upset that you are gaining!

Erin Morgan said...

Jenney - I'm not so upset about gaining weight because I know I'm going too. I just don't want to gain too much like I did last time. I gained about 40lbs with Finnegan and have been working really hard to get it off. So I don't want to gain too much. I'm trying to be very conscience about it!! :)

Anonymous said...

I think being conscious about it is what really matters. With Grayson, I only gained 23 or 24 lbs. Well within my goal. I think it was only because I was very aware of what I wanted my top weight to be. Also, with being due in the summer, it's possible that you might stop gaining in the end. At the end of my second pregnancy (Grayson again), I was so huge and miserable and uncomfortable that I could hardly eat. I really slowed down at the end. I say, don't worry about it. You know how to work hard to get it off again, and that's the real battle.
That being said, when are we going to see some belly pictures?