Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Your Heart Just Breaks...


For months the rumors have been flying and its been sad to see unfold. Regardless if you follow the television show Jon and Kate Plus Eight, hearing that the parents of this show are going through marital problems is just sad. But if you follow the program and are a parent of even one child, you know that a marriage can go through rough patches. Watching the season premiere last night just broke my heart. I don't know whats true and what's not and although they have openly put the situation out for discussion, I feel that it doesn't matter what the truth is. The fact that they are openly struggling and that the "D" word is being discussed here and there just saddens me. Not only for the marriage but for the children. It's hard being in the public eye and even if this family walked away from show biz today, show biz wouldn't walk away from them so quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and I watched that last night too. It makes me so sad to think that just last year, they renewed their vows and made a commitment to their kids... and now: like you said, the "D" word is being thrown around. So sad. It would seem that they have let their kids become the center of their relationship, instead of their marriage. Something I know that I am also guilty of sometimes. I can only hope they are trying to get some Christian counseling and are trying to save their marriage.
Melissa

Jenney said...

Oh that is terrible. I read their book and it was really good. We don't have cable, so I've never seenm the show. I hope a local pastor steps in...QUICK. Lots of prayer needed.