Monday, July 6, 2009

Back into the Swing of Things

Although we've been home for almost a week, we're finally getting back into the swing of "real life." Ken went back to work for 2 days last week before the holiday and a day off (and the weekend). And we were pretty busy with doctors visits and other meetings last week that aren't normal.

So today we were pretty low key. We played at home, and Finnegan and I just hung out. Except for the third trip the vet that we had to escort Oreo too... That's a long story, but she's sick again, and I'm sure it's gonna cost me at least another $200+ again today. We'll see when she comes home in a couple of hours.

We're sitting in the middle of the living room and finnegan is eating some watermelon and "bapes" (you know... grapes). Hope you all had a great 4th celebration!!

Oh, Baby Update: We still have NO IDEA what we're going to name our little girl. If you have any suggestions, let me know! Ken has 2 or 3 names that he really likes, and won't back down from and I just don't have anything that I can commit too!! Seems like a bit early to be worried about it, but I know the next few weeks are gonna fly by and then we'll really be in a pickle!! I've decided on a concrete theme for the baby's room. It is loosely based upon the "Penelope" line by Pottery Barn Kids. Basically it's little birdies that are light and medium pink, yellow and lime green. I've found some art that will be the center piece of the room once I incorporate it. As well of a cute rug from Target that was only $19.99. I'd found other rugs that were at least $60 so I was pleased with this purchase. We'll also go with the same theme of furniture that we have in our bedroom and Finn's room and get Espresso colored wood for the baby's room. I hope to start painting in the next couple of weeks. And I'll definitely post photos when I begin working on it.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Honestly, before I read your idea of decorating with the "Penelope" line (which I love) I was going to suggest the name Penelope.

Don't worry about the naming process, we all know that Dad's win and you'll end up going with one of the three names Ken picked out. However, I'm holding out that you can pick an AWESOME name!