Well, it's early Sunday morning and I'm up. Normally this would take place if I was going somewhere special or got tons of sleep last night. And of course, neither of these is true. I went to bed less than 6 hours ago and am now up (after waking up numerous times last night). I just can't seem to go back to sleep. Although it is a beautiful morning here in the Northwest, so I shouldn't complain, when else can I enjoy the peaceful solace that the early morning hours bring?
The last few days have been relaxing and full of craziness all at once. I have a list of things that need to be done around the house and many of them are contingent on other things... so they can't be done until other things are done... and because of my current state (pregnant and getting larger by the minute), I can't seem to do much with the first parts of the chain. So that means that I must wait upon the husband to finish his tasks before mine can begin. I am very thankful that he's even started his list of items, but as the days draw near (and there are less than 70 of them) for our daughter to arrive, my clock is ticking for my items to be done, while I have more energy and more space around my circumference for me to enjoy the tasks at hand.
I've also been on the look out for an activity or something that Ken and I (along with Finnegan) can do for our anniversary in the coming weeks, and also as a "last hurrah" before the baby arrives. I become so frustrated sometimes that things are so expensive to do and that we must always find family friendly activities to keep us occupied, rather than (selfishly) shoving our darling first born off for free daycare at a family members house and escaping for the weekend just for once. I become overwhelmed with the "we can't do that with three" or "we aren't prepared to do that yet" or "that's just too darn expensive at the moment". And as much of a planner as I am, I just don't know how to plan of select a vacation or get away that isn't 4 star and begin with Mouse Ears. And since we've found that we have no hobbies... we just don't have anything that we love to do together to fuel other vacation spots. So then I'm back at the question, well, why even go? Just to spend money? That's not the answer. Grrr.... Anyway - just a bit of complaining in the early morning hours to get off my chest.
No plans for today. There are always things that I'd like to do with my boys, but we'll see what we get accomplished today :) We were supposed to meet some family from Florida today for lunch after church as they were here on vacation, but that may not happen, which is a real big bummer. It's always fun to have family in town, even if it's just for an afternoon. Perhaps we can make it work tomorrow.
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment