During the summer of 2000, I traveled Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin with Risen Ministries. Those who composed Risen that summer, have such a special place in my heart and are so precious to me. The summer was one that I will never forget and have may fond memories from. One particular memory made it's way back into my life today, via a similar experience.
For two weeks during the summer of 2000, we traveled to Camp Selah and were apart of their camp. When we first arrived, we got our room assignments and made a trip to the bathroom. The more times I used the bathroom in the common girls restroom, I knew something was wrong. If I remember correctly, the faucet never had hot water, it was always cold. But the toilets always had a warm heat radiating from them. For a women, this is not a good feeling (ok perhaps TMI) but when you sit on it, and you feel steam from the water below. A totally gross feeling, especially several times a day!!
The heat has been tramendously warm here in WA. Like warmer than it has been in years. It has been since 1981 that there have been more than 5 days in a row that are in the 90's. It just doesn't get that hot here. It's been in the 90's yesterday and today, and will be this warm at least through Saturday. Oh, to say I'm dying, is a slight understatement. The house was 90 degrees for most of the day, and it was still 90 degrees at about 9pm tonight. This evening, after tucking Finnegan into bed, I retreated to my bathroom to take a cold shower. Before jumping in, I used the bathroom, and my mind was flooded back of those memories of the summer of 2000. As I sat there, I realized that not the water was warm, but the whole toilet seat was warm, simply because the room was so warm!! So gross!!
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
1 comment:
That is quite funny. So if it does't get that hot there I'm guessing you don't have air conditioning! We have AC but it came with the house...this summer is the FIRST in many we haven't had temps in the high 80's and 90's for weeks on end! We've been in the high 70's and low 80's all summer.
Post a Comment