Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Meeting My Baby!

Well, I've heard that many women had had dreams about giving birth and meeting their baby. When I was pregnant with Finnegan, I always wanted to have one of these dreams, but it wasn't something that ever happened to me. Well, this time around, I can't claim that. Two nights ago, I was able to meet my sweet daughter, and see her. She looked very similar to the photo that was recently take of her, and she had thick dark hair like Finnegan did. In my dream I had a c-section and remember having to lay down on the stretcher, and I wasn't able to carry her, but she was being carried next to me. We also called her "Honor" in my dream. Now, this isn't a name that we're thinking of calling her, and I shared the name with Ken and he wasn't too crazy about it. But hearing her called something was interesting.

Also in my dream there was a board that listed how much weight I'd gained in my pregnancy... I listed two weights, the beginning weight and the weight I was when I delivered. The math worked out to be about 70lbs. Now, I know I haven't gained that much weight, but it must just be a reminder that it's a big deal to me this time around. And although I'm pretty conscience about what I eat, I'm still on track for gaining about the same that did with Finnegan. But by the end of the dream, they'd changed the figures and I was much more pleased with the math.

Kind of weird to see your baby before she's born. Did you experience this with any of your pregnancies? Were your "predictions" right?

No comments: