Ken was pretty sick last week with the sickies that are going around... the stomach flu that caused him to not eat for 3 days. Well, if you've ever seen my husband, you know he's not that big of a guy, with not a lot of extra fat to get rid of. Most of us would welcome a healthy dose of the sickies to shed a few pounds now and then, but my husband just can't afford it.
Since having this (and the food poisoning back in Dec) he's lost about 4 or 5 pounds. We didn't really know he'd lost that weight, as he isn't obsessive about weighing himself like I am. But I kept asking him over the weekend if he felt well because he kept looking to me like he was still sick. Then I put my finger on it... His face was gaunt and he still had a bit of dark circles around his eyes. It wasn't because he was sick, but because he'd lost too much weight. I asked him if he'd weighed himself and he said no... Then, the next day he did, he was down about 4 or 5 pounds from his normal weight.
On Sunday I found him scrounging in the pantry... looking for "fattening" food. He wanted to fatten himself up after losing so much weight. On Monday, he didn't eat dinner with us, as he had had McD's for lunch. With a LARGE FRY and a LARGE STRAWBERRY SHAKE!! HAHAH!! I just laughed when he told me. Perhaps he won't eat with us tonight... I won't know for an hour or so.
UPDATED** Ken did eat dinner with us tonight... although he had McD's again for lunch today, but Medium size today, but with his strawberry shake :)
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
1 comment:
Wow, I wish my problem was that I needed to GAIN weight. What a horrible, horrible problem to have. :)
Post a Comment