Many of you asked the question that I anticipated... so here's the answer. I feel ok, for the most part. My many prayers have been answered (about my morning sickness - I'll explain shortly) and I am finding that my first trimester is very different this time around. When I was pregnant with Finnegan, I couldn't get out of bed without each a few crackers first. And I was nauseous until 2 or 3pm. And then just tired the rest of the evening. It seems that things have flip-flopped with this pregnancy. I can get out of bed just fine in the morning and feel generally good. I even worked out every day until I was 8 weeks (from 6-7am).
Most of my "morning sickness" starts around 3 or 4pm. For about 3 weeks, I suffered from migraines at night, starting around 3pm until bedtime. Those were rough days. I had trouble seeing and was just having a miserable time. Then my doctor suggested I drink some caffeine, and sure enough, it works!! If I feel a headache coming on, I can drink a few drinks of soda or coffee and I'm good for a couple of hours. Recently, I've been getting nauseous at night. About 8pm, I get an upset stomach and have TONS of saliva (gross, I know). But normally I am starting to feel better by bed.
I'm starting to show a bit. They say that with your second or other pregnancies, you show earlier. I think I'm showing but Ken's not sure. I definitely feel the stretching and pulling of that growing baby and even think I've felt the baby move a few times. Which is rare this early, and I am the first to say it was probably gas. But I don't feel it too often, so that's why I think it's a squirm. :)
Oh, and as Jenney mentioned in her comment on my last post, I am taking it easy with the working out. After the spinning incident, I decided to take it easy. And up until my 8th week, Shawnta and I were working out each day. Since then, we haven't worked out but plan to walk a couple times a week once the weather permits. Shawnta and I had worked out a total of 15 weeks (i think) together consistantly. We both lost about 7lbs and over 10 inches each!!
I am definitely starting to crave different foods. I crave sweets again with this pregnancy but I also crave meat. There was about a 2 week period where I would drool everytime I saw steak on TV. I made Beef and Barley Soup and even made steak and potatoes myself :) I really LOVE McDonald's Cheeseburgers too. Kind of weird, but LOVE THEM. Who knows what that means... I hear it one way and then I hear it the other (gender wise).
So that's the deal! I'm also pretty excited to hear that my friends Ben and Audrey are pregnant too with their first baby! They are due a couple weeks before me. They were married a week before Ken and I and Ben was my VP when I was the President of the Student Body at CU. He's very dear to me... And I even let him borrow my sewing machine so he could make Audrey a pair of pj pants for Christmas, that year. :) Congrats, friends!
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
1 comment:
I am so glad you don't have unbearable morning sickness...I did with both boys...so maybe this means you are having a GIRL!!!!!
Um, I mean, maybe it means you are very blessed :o)
Post a Comment