Sunday, March 8, 2009

Long Awaited Post...

Many of my blog readers are writers themselves. Many of them write about when something particular happens in their lives, they think about how it might come out in the blog, or how you might phrase it. And I would be lying if I said that I don't do this. I most certainly do! This particular post, I've thought of writing, and even attempted to write a couple of weeks ago, but didnt ever post it. Well, now I have the guts (and support of the spouse) to say with PRIDE AND EXCITEMENT that...

I'M PREGNANT!!!!

Yippee!! I am 11 weeks pregnant and due Sept 29th. If you have any other dates on the calendar regarding our family, you'll know that Ken's birthday is the 18th, Finnegan's birthday is the 19th and if this baby even comes a week early, it puts three birthdays in one week!!

We don't know if its a boy or a girl and won't know for a couple of months. Ken didn't want to tell anyone that I was pregnant until we knew that it was a boy or girl... that's 5 months!!! I could barely wait 3 months!! :)

We told our parents and then our sibilings and now the news is to the rest of the world. We sent a fun card with a poem about Finnegan and his new sibling. I'll post the poem later this week. And then for extended family we sent a card that said "I'm gonna be a big brother!"

Here's baby's first photo at 9 weeks. :)

12 comments:

Adminswife said...

Congratulations! Just when you start to lose weight.....

It has happened to me several times.

God is good! Great news!

Jen said...

CONGRATULATIONS ERIN!!! Steve and I are so happy for you and Ken!

Megan said...

Congrats Erin!!! How exciting! I wouldn't have been able to wait 5 months either! How are you feeling?

Jessica said...

yeah, yeah, yeah!!!

mckeefamily03 said...

Yeah! Congratulations Erin! That is so exciting for you guys! How are you feeling???

The Buskards said...

Congrats!!! We are so happy for you guys! Hope you are feeling good. Will be praying for an uneventful pregnancy :) All our love, The Buskards

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Erin (and Ken and Finn)!!! How exciting! I'm sure Finn will be thrilled to have a baby brother or sister (once he gets used to sharing Mommy and Daddy, of course)! How are you feeling?

Jess said...

YAY Ken and Erin! I'm so excited for you all! What a blessing!

Jenney said...

Congratulations! I am so so excited for you!!!!!!!!! Thanks for not waiting until 5 months. Now. This is your mother talking to you. No more crazy diet/working out routines lady. Just saying....
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny thing, I was (finally) mailing Megan's baby gift and wondering when I'd get to make you one...just today!

Erica said...

Congratulations:)!! I have been thinking about you lately wondering if you were pregnant yet. I thought I'd remembered you wanting your kids to be about 2 years apart. How ya feelin?

Anonymous said...

Greatness and rejoicing!

Andrea said...

Congratulations, Erin! That's fantastic news!