Saturday, July 25, 2009

A week of painting

I will definitely post photos later today, but I've been busy painting this week!! On Monday, I began the project of painting the front door. It is definitely a story in and of itself, but by Tuesday, I was much more pleased with the overall project. The overall story begins with the wrong color paint (off by a shade), continued with no primer on a white door for a color change to red!, and then ended with the use of a 1/2 inch craft brush and three coats of paint.

On Wednesday, the weatherman was predicting 90 degree weather for the weekend, and it was gonna be in the 70's on Thursday and Friday, so I began moving boxes and preparing to paint the baby's room! On Wednesday, I got the trim done (edging and all around the floorboards, ceiling and window and doors) with the pink base color, called "Pixie Dust". Thursday I filled in the walls and did some touch up and on Friday I began taping the design that I'll paint.

For Finnegan's room, I painted stripes. So I wanted to do something different for the baby girl's room. But wasn't sure that I wanted to do something so involved like the stripes were. So I thought a stripe or two of argyle would be cute. But then I couldn't decide where to put it. So, I decided to do one whole wall in argyle. I found a website that had all the calculations done for me so all I had to do was plug in the room dimensions and it would give me everything I needed. Friday afternoon, I began marking the wall with chalk and taping everything. It really didn't take that long to tape, and repaint (the walls are textured so after you tape, you have to repaint the tape with the base color so that the second color won't bleed). I only spent about 3 hours taping (which was pretty fast).

Today, the mercury is rising a bit more so I don't know how much I'll get done (my sweet pea doesn't like that I am standing for so long without many water breaks). But, I will probably begin painting our green diamonds and then see how it looks! Hopefully it will begin looking realy cool! And I will post some photos.

So I'm sure you're convinced that I'm nesting... Not quite yet. I just have so much work that's been held off because of Ken's school and now I'm rushing to get it done before I get too big and tired to do the work myself... And poor husband, he's falling behind on his work. I've threatened several times to get some hired help to do his part of the work because now it seems my work is going to depend on his work getting done and all he wants to do is relax after years of working every weekend and having no time for himself!! Poor Hubby!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ah the old trick of threatening hired help, it's most effective in my house when I actually have someone come out and give an estimate.

Can't wait to see pictures!