So, several years ago, I became interested in my heritage and where my family came from. I worked on some things back when Ken and I lived in VA and then kind of got bored with it. Recently, my curiosity has been sparked because of meeting a fellow "Stepleton" on Facebook. So, I've begun to work more and more on my family tree and see if I can find the roots of my family within the United States. It has been very interesting... And here are some things that I found...
- I have a line of cabinet makers and funeral directors in my family.
- I have collected 8 generations of people that I am related too (mom and dad's only - and only a selected "sibling" lists
- I have a legitimate set of twins in my family.
- I am related to a murderer (scary - but we knew that)
- I am related to a Native Indians
- My great-great grandfather's grave is in Mecosta County... about 20 miles from where Trina lives.
- My great grandfather's cousin was in the circus after living in Oregon and Washington for a while.
Just a few random tid-bits about me. And tracking your family is becoming so much easier on line and there are many people out there willing to help you with information. It is very cool. But some people don't know what their talking about, so you have to weed those weirdo's out :)
Anywho - That's my new hobby - especially now that my TV lamp is broken and I can't watch TV. I'll post more when I get to it. :)
Hugs all!
1 comment:
How interesting! That sounds like alot of fun.
Post a Comment