Thursday, July 3, 2008

Home at last!!

Finnegan and I finally got home from a long night of traveling. Our flight was to leave Detroit at 7:25pm and we didn't even board the plan until 10:30pm. And although we left at 11pm, we didn't arrive in Seattle until 1am (Pacific time). Oh, what a trip. But, Finnegan did pretty well. I felt like I was constantly moving with him to keep him calm (rocking him, patting him on the back, etc). He did let out one scream with about an hour left in the flight. He had bumped up against my thumb nail and it startled him. Once I got him calmed down, he did pretty well. We didn't arrive home until 2am or so and he has woken up this morning at 6am for breakfast (because it is 9am in the east - the time schedule that he's now used too). So, we'll work for the next couple of days to get him back on pacific time schedule.

When we left MI, we had been delayed by lightening and thunderstorms. It was pretty bad before we left the airport. It was pretty neat to see the activity from the panoramic windows at the airport, and the wide open spaces of the tarmac with nothing to obstruct your view. When we landed in Seattle, I had seen lightening from the plane, but didn't seem to notice, as it had been old hat from our experience in MI. But lightening is not a normal occurrence for us Washingtonions. This morning, I heard the statistic of 2500 lightening strikes overnight for our area - a very staggering statistic for our area.

My first day home will include some sleep (which I preparing to head back to bed right now), some grocery shopping and some baking/cooking for our picnic tomorrow.

I sure am glad to be home, and to be with Ken again. I sure did miss him while being gone. And I know Finnegan did too. I will try to post photos later today or this weekend. We had some great adventures and met many people while in the great mitten state!

No comments: