Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Faithfulness abounds!!

Greetings from MI. I have one more day here in the mitten state until Finnegan and I head back to our lovely green state, that isn't nearly as warm as it is here :) We've had a great time and visited with a lot of people, and been a lot of places. But there is always people we didn't get to see or visit, which is always sad. (Lacey - sorry we didn't get to GR. I didn't even see Trina or Murphy while here, which I was planning on :( ).

But to the real reason for the post... Faithfulness abounds. I haven't posted about this yet, as it is sort of a sensitive subject. My dad lost his job again today, for the third time in 4 years. Needless to say this is a difficult situation. But God is still faithful. We've known for many weeks that this was coming as the writing began to be visible on the wall. Although it was demoralizing for dad, we began praying for God's faithfulness, as we knew that it was impossible for God to be anything but that... And sure enough, not an hour or two after dad was home, God was being just as faithful as He had promised that he'd be. Dad's spirits are up and he has a positive outlook on the future. He has a goal and plans for his short "vacation". And God is even providing funds that dad didn't remember that he had. Special money that God had set apart for this time as being out of work causes so much worry about bills and other payments.

God is faithful and continues to answer our prayers. Please continue to pray for Dad that he will be steadfast in this goals and plans and that he will continue to seek God's plans. Also pray for the encouragement that my mom will need and will need to give to dad as the days get long waiting for that new job. We ask God to already be preparing the new job and him for the new job. Something that he can do for a long time, be satisfied with and enjoy every day until retirement :) To God be the Glory!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

My dad works in the auto industry in Detroit so I feel like we are constantly on edge with lay-offs. I'll be keeping your parents in my prayers!