Thursday, February 26, 2009

My ears are playing tricks on me!!

As many women can attest, once you have children, your hearing while your sleeping becomes refined, and more accute. Today, during Finnegan's nap, I thought I would lay down too, with a short movie, I was out.... I awoke to the sound of a trash can being pulled along the ground. Today is trash day, and both the trash and recycling trucks had already picked up the loads, so I knew it was ok for the cans to be brought in. I then heard a garage door open. I was pretty out of it, so I thought for sure (over the movie) that it was our garage door (directly below our room) opening and ken was home from work, early. REALLY early. I got really excited because he doesn't come home this early much... maybe only 3 times since he's been with Boeing. So I was pretty excited. Then I waited and waited to hear the garage door close and the back door open. And I didn't hear it. I waited a bit more. Then, I realized that he wasn't home, and that dream was over. Unfortunately, I wasn't really dreaming... It was my neighbor's garage door and trash cans being pulled into the garage. Darn :)

Isn't it funny the things you hear when your half sleeping and half awake and are sure these particular things are happening :) Ken will be home in about 3 hours. Boy, I can't wait!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A side note - I love it when my husband comes home. I wish he only had to work 6 hours a day instead of 8 or 9. I know that he has to work... but I just love it when he comes home. Finnegan is always so excited to see him and it just fills my heart with joy. Finnegan's always been a daddy's boy, and it doesn't bother me much. It is just so sweet to see!!

1 comment:

Jenney said...

We have a daddy dance here :o)