As you might remember, Ken got pretty sick while we were on vacation. He spent a night in the hospital and an evening in the men's room. Well, since returning home, I've found out some great news. Once I was home, something triggered my memory and reminded me that I'd purchased travel insurance when booking our trip. I originally thought, that because we were booking our trip so far in advance, and there were so many adults hinging on the trip (18 people total) that it might be smart to get insurance, just in case the economy really tanked and we HAD to pull out. Luckily, we didn't need it for that use, and I forgot all about it. When I got home, I remembered that we had it and began filing the claims. Along with the claims with the insurance company and also began to write letters to the Walt Disney Company about our experience and the items "lost" due to his sickness and our ordeal. About 2 weeks ago, we got a call from the Walt Disney Travel Company in regards to my letter.
Unfortunately, Disney doesn't own the resturant that Ken got sick at, and so the agent gave me the information to contact them. And then at then end of the call, she told me that as a good will gesture, the Travel Company would be reimbursing us for a list of things that I'd listed in my letter that they could put a value to. This was pretty exciting. Ken and I didn't actually think they would do anything for us. I'd found many letters and unhappy customers online saying that Disney responded to them saying that they can't pin point food poisoning and therefore they're not responsible. I was so excited!! So, this week, we got our reimbursement from the WD company. And now, we wait for our insurance check. All of the charges we sent to them were from our hospital stay and bills, as well as meals that were missed. So we shouldn't have any trouble getting those back.
I'll keep you posted :)
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment