Not being pregnant, mind you, but the medical steps I have to take to continue a healthy pregnancy. The worst part, I think, is the one shot in the morning. Some mornings it doesn't hurt but other days it does... it stings, like a bee sting. And it stings for a full 5 or 6 minutes. Then the second worst part is the compression hose. Last time, I had the thigh high kind. They were annoying because they'd always fall down to my knees and required a lot of maintenance. The ones I wear this time are the full leg, and fully belly ones, like panty hose, only much thicker. It's not even the summer and I loath putting them on. The front panel is so high in the front to cover the full belly. Oh!! Not so fun!! Once I have them on, i suppose I get used to them, but getting them on isn't fun, and I'm sure that the larger my belly gets, the more difficult this challenge will become.
UGG! I suppose today is just a day of whining. Sorry about that. I'll get over it. I always do, and I have too, seeing that I have 6 more months of it :)
On a completely unrelated note, please keep Jenney and her family in your prayers. She's posted a new post about their first day in he hospital with Baby J. You can check it out here! Jenney and I went to highschool together.
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
6 comments:
I am a firm believer in whinning while one is pregnant, whine away!
BTY-- What is and why do you wear a compression hose? Doesn't sound fun!
Compression hose (also known as TEDS) are like panty hose, but more like a thick tights material. Most of the time you'll see them or have to wear them if you've had major surgery and will be off your feet for an extended period of time. They are thick tights that are super tight on your legs to help keep your blood flowing, and to help it not pool anywhere, in your legs.
I wear the compression hose for the same reason that I give the shots of blood thinners each day... to help my blood stay fluid during pregnancy and to avoid blood clots because of the blood clotting disorder that I have.
Hmm, I didn't know you had a blood clotting disorder. Interesting. I can only imagine that those compression hose are going to be the pits this summer... I remember being pregnant in the summer with Grayson. Seriously, if I ever have another baby in the summertime, I'll just die. Way too hot and way too uncomfortable. I'm definitely feeling your pain, and I didn't even have to go through all that other junk. Good luck. We'll be praying for you. And thanks for blogging about Jenney. :)
Melissa
Oh now I can totally say, WHINE AWAY! That does not sound fun at all!!!!
Oh Erin, I am so sorry your pregnancy is already off to a yucky start. Just keep thinking about that little life in your belly...it is so worth all the pain. Thanks for the prayers and mentioning Jack...we are so grateful he is finally getting the help he has needed for quite some time.
Erin, I'm not exactly sure where that big brother shirt came from (it was a gift from my parents when we had Grayson), but I think it might have come from The Children's Place.
Melissa
Post a Comment