Tuesday, May 6, 2008

God even cares about Microwaves...

So our church has this thing called "I Have, I Need". When you have things that you would like to get rid of (older but gently used furniture, appliances etc) you can contact the church and they will help you find a home for those things. And likewise, when you have something that you are in need of, you can contact the church and they help you get in touch with those who would like to get rid of the available items. Ok... so now that you understand how it works, this is what happened. I have several items on the "I Have" list as I am trying to declutter our home and garage of things that we haven't used since we moved into our house two year ago. I have been contacted a couple of times and have been able to give things to folks who need them. Recently, I was able to give someone my old vacuum cleaner. Their family was getting ready to move into a new apartment. After I made the initial delivery, I thought that it could be an opportunity to make another new friend. So I emailed her and asked if she wanted to walk some afternoon (she had a 7 month old also). Also in my email I offered to give them my microwave as well that was on the "I Have" list as well. We had gotten this great microwave as a wedding gift and it didn't even get out of its box until we moved to WA. We used it for 18 months and then moved into our home, that came with a micro. So, this microwave is basically brand-new and needed a family. I was hoping they could use it too. While waiting for her response, I received an email from the church saying that they had another family who was in need of our microwave... Oh, crap! What was I to do? Should I tell the first family that it was no longer available? Or Should I tell the second family that I was waiting to hear from the first family. Oh, what to do!! I emailed the gal at the church to ask for guidance and she said to allow the first family to have the microwave, because she had a lot of other things to give this family. I felt really bad. I wanted to go get a gift certificate for the family so that they could get a microwave. Well, today I got an email from the church that said that one of the other families that were helping our second family out with a dining room table and chairs made their delivery today and also brought a microwave for them without even knowing the situation! How great is that?? God really does care about microwaves... Ok so maybe not microwaves, but the needs of his people and continues to prepare for us, even when we don't know how it will work out.

No comments: