Monday, May 5, 2008

God is moving again...

When you are trying your darnedest to go to sleep at night and you continually feel the urge to pick up a book and read it, sometimes it's more than just an urge. This weekend has been a rough one for me personally. I won't get into what's going on, but just know that I've had some unrest. Last night, all of the questions that I'd been dealing with for the past few days came to a head and I began to really ask them one by one and define what my true questions really are. As I did this, I had this persistent thought of picking up the book that was next to my bed that I've tried to read over and over before. This book was written by a well known author and has been recommended to me time and time again. However, each time I sit down to read it, I get caught up in the words that the author uses, and I get lost in the visual imagery and miss the points he's trying to make. So I never get very far. After I'd tried to go to sleep, I took the book and snook down stairs to read a little bit of it. I skipped the first few chapters and figured I could always come back if I was terribly lost. I picked a chapter called "Haunted by Questions." I figured that it was fitting. As I read, the writer explained me to a "T". Did he know me? Did he know the questions I had JUST been asking of myself? He may not have know, but God did. God knew the burning desires of my heart and he knows what I desire to know. And he desires to show me. I didn't read much more than the one chapter. I was so blown away by the information that it held. Hopefully, I'll read more and God will show me the answers to my questions and show me ways to live through those answers and in spite of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin- I feel ya on the restless nights because of worry/anxiety/whatever. I'm glad that book spoke to you- that's awesome! I'm curious to know which one it is- maybe I should pick one up??
Chaeli