Friday, May 16, 2008

Zoo, Waterbabies and Buttons

Today was Finnegan's first trip to the zoo. We took the trip with some friends and stayed for the first few hours it was open. Luckily the zoo is small and we saw almost all the animals and then headed home for lunch. I even got some nice sun.

We have also finished our first week of waterbabies class. And I must say that I am so proud of Finnegan and how he's doing in the class. At first, I don't think he really enjoyed it, but during our second class he opened right up and is "talking" almost the whole time. On Thursday, we even tried going under the water and he was able to do it three times. I am so proud of him and how well he's doing. I look forward to more fun times in the pool.

This week, I've really been focusing on (in my spare time) de-cluttering our house. I think after the winter, we just into this funk where we think that everything in our house needs to be right in front of us and we need to keep EVERYTHING. So, I've been really trying to find a home (sometimes - not with us) for all of our things. I've been reorganizing closets and drawers making more space for things and getting rid of things that we don't use. It is so freeing! Well, tonight I cleaned the hall closet and the sewing box. I even constructed a Button Jar. Ken played with one when he was a kid, and my mom had one. So I thought it would be fun to start putting all those together so he'll have them later in his childhood.

No comments: