Well, I have to admit that the day turned out to be a very good one. We found out early Saturday morning that the thing that made Ken sick probably wasn't a stomach bug, but a small piece of Singaporean fruit called JackFruit. The fruit was offered by a friend of Ken's at work of Friday with the warning of "Don't eat too much, some people get sick on it." So Ken only had a small piece of the dried fruit, just to try it. Unfortunatly, it was a little too much for his Western intestinal tract. He as about 50% better on Saturday and then about 90% better today. I was glad that he only got physically sick the one time. And I am glad that it isn't/wasn't something that I could have caught or the baby for that matter.
We slept in this morning and my hubby offered to make me breakfast in bed, but only if I wanted cereal :) So we got up together and dressed and went to our friends home in Seattle. Before stopping there, we did get some lovely cupcakes at Trophy Cupcakes and I am very excited to try them. I have photos of them as well to post a little later.
We spent the days with our usual west coast family. It is always nice to get together with them, especially since all the kids are together. For Mother's day, Shawnta made me a sweet memory jar for my special memories of Finnegan. Theresia and Kelly gave me a bag of sweet things, tea, lotion and then a wonderful photo book. It was filled with photos from when Finnegan was born. Since my mom's camera was stolen, we do not have many photos from the day Finnegan was born. We have plenty of when we got home and our other days in the hospital, but not that first day. It was so precious to have those photos, and ones with just Finnegan and I which I greatly wanted to have.
We are back home now and it is almost Finn's bedtime. We look forward to a big week ahead... a trip to Lacey to visit some friends and we start Waterbabies class this week. Pretty exciting!!
Today was my official, First Mother's day. Last year and still this weekend we had a large debate on whether I was "officially" a mom last year, although I was only 20 weeks pregnant. But this year, it was nice to celebrate. Ken bought me some beautiful hanging baskets for our front porch and Finnegan got me a little Willow tree box called "mother and child". It is very precious. I missed my mom today, and missed being involved in the excitement at home. Mom and Dad took Grandma a great lunch and enjoyed it with her and some other family members. Can't wait to see mom and dad in a few weeks.
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment