Occasionally, my husband complains about my weekly trip to Starbucks. But today, I realized why I enjoy Starbucks more than any other coffee stand in town. Here in Seattle, it was sort of phenomenon for us when we moved here, there is a coffee shop on every corner, literally. In Michigan, there is this thing called a "shanty". My uncle has one that he built and he takes it out to a lake every winter and it sits on the ice, and he fishes in it. In Seattle, they take these "shanties" and put them in the corner of a gas station parking lot, and call it a coffee shack. Some are chains, others are one man deals. But they all sell every coffee concoction that you can think of. And a lot of times, the prices are cheaper than a regular Starbucks. So, why don't I go to these places? Well, I used too... I've tried several of them. There is one chain that I don't mind, but near us there was one that was stuck on the side of a gas station and I used to stop there. They had the great visitation cards, where you got a free drink after purchasing so many. It was called "Bonney Lake Baristas". But shortly after we moved out here, they sold the business to another owner and the business changed, they still sell coffee, but the way they sell their coffee has changed. They wear less clothes! It is now called "Bikini Baristas". And you guessed it... that's what they wear!
Today, I drove past another that has changed owner ship and names... It is this cute shop, much more than a shanty... but it looks like a little tea pot. It was red and white and called "Perky's". Today, when I drove past, the red and white pot is now a cow boy print and it is now called "Cowgirl Baristas". There is one near Tacoma and they wear lingere and swim suits.
To summerize... I go to Starbucks, because they were clothes that cover the gals that work there. Yes, I prefer the coffee too, but more than that, I prefer the modesty of the baristas. Thanks, Starbucks! But the day they employ mini-skirts or tube tops, I'll move on.
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment