Thursday, May 15, 2008

Vacation, Here we come!!

Granted, we are planning a HUGE family vacation for December 2008, with ALL of Ken's siblings, their spouses and children, as well as my immediate family with my brother-in-law and niece as well. But other than our spontaneous trip to Disneyland for New Years in 2006, Ken and I have not been on a vacation with just the two (and now three) of us. Granted, we should have done a bit more traveling before Finnegan came along, and there are days that I regret that we never took that trip to Hawaii or Cabo, but we can't change the past, so we are changing for the better in the here and now, and have planned our first mini-vacation. We are headed to a town called Seabrook, WA, and it is coastal town, about 2.5 hours away. We will be staying in a small beach house for the weekend and will have access to the ocean and the nearby rainforest. Hopefully we have good weather. We go in about 2 weeks, which I am very excited. If this trip goes well, hopefully we can make this something that we do frequently throughout the year, you know that place that you have for escape.

I'll definitely post photos when we get back. Also, it will be a bit bitter sweet, as we visited a coastal town just south of Seabrook, two days before Finnegan was born. It was a great day out at the coast with Mom and Dad, Ken and the Dogs.

No comments: