It took more than 15 times longer to prepare for the surgery than it did to actually do the surgery. In as little as 12 minutes, we were in the waiting room and then being greeted by the doctor again notifying us that everything was finished.
We arrived at the hospital and put her in her itty bitty gown... it was so little, and oh so cute!! I wanted to take it for a souvenir, but I refrained! They got her all checked in and ready to go back. We met the anesthesiologists and the nurses. We were just waiting on the doctor to arrive.
Unfortunately, there was a bit of miscommunication and the doctor "forgot" and wasn't reminded by his office that he had surgery today (a day the normally don't do surgery in his office). So he was about 45 minutes late arriving to the hospital and the surgery was about an hour late getting started. From start to finish, the procedure only last about 12 minutes or less. Probably less, as it was about 12 minutes from when they wheeled her into the OR and the doctor visited us again after it was done.
She had a bit of difficulty waking up from the gas that they gave her, but once she had had a bit to drink, she felt much better. We were home by 11am and she is promptly taking a nap, here by 1pm. :) Hopefully she'll have a quiet night.
Here are some before and after photos.
Thank you all for praying for our sweet darling. She is such a sweetie pie and we are just so thankful that this process has been so simple and easy thus far. Thank you for praying on her behalf!!
Before
After
8 comments:
Oh Erin, that looks great! And thier sweet baby skin always heals so quickly! I'm glad that it was a quick procedure and she's recovering well. She's such a little cutie pie! Look at those eye lashes, lucky little lady :)
Yeah!! It's over!! I'm sure you're relieved! Happy Thanksgiving!!
Thank you Lord for getting "Sweet P" through this surgery. Thank you for giving Ken & Erin strength. Thank you that she won't have complications and she will forget all about this episode. Praise the Lord!
The surgery was done beautifully. I think it should heal quickly.
The surgery was done beautifully. I think it should heal quickly.
So glad it is over and went well!
Oh! I am so glad it went well! She is beautiful, a true gift from God.
She is beautiful, before and after. So happy the surgery was so quick and successful. Praying for a pain free recovery!
Post a Comment