Sunday, November 15, 2009

Eight Years Ago Today...

Suicide is an ugly beast... And for some reason, he is running rampant through the lives of my family and my friends. Eight years ago today, he almost claimed victim of a dear friend of mine, my room-mate at the time. He taunts immediate and extended family members. He thinks he can walk in and make decisions and take their lives.

I am fortunate, unlike some that I know, that he has never actually succeeded in the lives of those that I love. The attempts are heartbreaking and stay with you forever. But God will continue to claim victory over him, as He is the only one to provide peace, strength and wisdom in tough times.

Suicide, you thought you reigned over her but Christ won. You think you will have no problem winning him over because you keep whispering in his ear. Christ is more powerful than your lies and deception. For years, you've spoken lies to this one and that one... but NO MORE. You have NO power in the lives of my friends and family!! We cling to the Old Rugged Cross and it's everlasting power.

No comments: