- My Husband: Although our relationship continues to change as we both grow and as our family grows, I'm thankful that we still love each other each day. I'm thankful for the hard work that he does at work and the advancements that he makes for his career and therefore, our family. He works hard at work, comes home and still is helpful with the kids. I'm thankful for the time he gives me "off duty" and allows me that alone time that I need away from the kids. I'm thankful that he challenges me and makes me a better mom and a better person, although it's not easy to hear... ever! I'm thankful that he can look beyond my flaws and bad habits and love me anyway. I'm thankful that I can begin and end my day with him. Thank you, Lord.
- My Children: Being a SAHM wasn't always my dream. And I would be lying if I said I always wanted or saw myself with children. But, learning about myself through my children has been invaluable. I love how Finnegan and Penelope make me laugh and bring joy to my heart. I love to hear Finnegan pray and sing. Oh, what joy! I love the first smiles to Penelope's face and am thankful for the bond we've been able to create between us. I'm thankful for how smart Finnegan is. I'm thankful that both my kids are fairly healthy (so far) and mostly happy. I am particularly happy to see their shinny faces in the morning and be reminded how His Blessings are new EVERY MORNING! Thank you, Lord!
- A friend who encourages me to be better in EVERY area of my life!! This friend is candid with me. She tells me what she thinks and encourages me to be my best. She's gotten me excited about being more fit and being a better me on the outside, as well as encouraging me to keep up on my devotions (despite my busy schedule) to continue improving the firm foundation that I build my life on and in turn to be a better person overall. Thank you, Lord.

- Starbucks: It may be silly but it is one of the small indulgences that I have in my life. I'm thankful for the little bit of warmth it brings and a boost of energy that I need from time to time. :) Thank you, Lord!

- MOPS group: Although I've only been to our MOPS group a few time since Penelope's been born, I am so thankful that I joined this year. I'm thankful for the friends that I've made, and the interaction that we have. I'm thankful for the support it offers and the few moments that I can get away and enjoy being an adult again :) Thank you, Lord.

- My OB and our Pediatician: This sounds silly too, but since being pregnant this year, and delivering Penelope, I am so thankful for my doctor and his willingness to take the time to hear my requests and answer them fully all throughout my pregnancy. Our pediatrician has taken no chances with our children and always errors on the side of caution when it comes to their health. Regarding Penelope's eye, and her heart sounds, she is always consistent in her care and concern. I am thankful for the resources they have to diagnose our children when they're sick and the references they've offered in regards to Penelope's health. What a blessing each of these experiences have been. Thank you, Lord!

- Blogging and Facebook: Ok, so this one is SO lame, but I am thankful for this technology. The ability to speak my mind and update those who care about our life here in WA, is a relief for me. I love reading what my friends are up too with their kids, and supporting as well as gaining support from the blogging world. Facebook is one of the best inventions out there, for those who live apart from their families and friends. I've been able to keep in touch with people all over the country, and have even made closer friends because of the connection that I have with them on facebook. Friends I haven't seen in YEARS!! I am thankful for the bonds that have been strengthened and those that have been renewed. Thank you, Lord!
- Music: Music tends to be an escape for me these days... whether its Shane and Shane, or Michael Buble, Taylor Swift, Angel Taylor, Colbie Caillat, or Chris Tomlin... The moments that I have losing myself in the music brings sanity and a quiet smile to my soul. I'm thankful for the healing that music brings and that I have that outlet. Thank you, Lord!


- HallMark: Ok, so I suppose that after being thankful for Starbucks, you saw the last of brand favortism. However, I am also very thankful for HallMark Stores and mainly greeting cards. I love to send cards. I love to brighten someones day by sending a card in the mail and encouraging them! I love purchasing them, and thumbing through them to pick out the perfect one for a friend or family member. I'm thankful for the ability to do this financially (when it's available)... and especially thankful for the $1.00 cards that they have now, and thankful that I have friends and family that impact my life enough that I feel compelled to share my thoughts and love with them!! Thank you, Lord!

What are you thankful for??
** For every comment I get on my blog (on this post and others) from now until Thanksgiving, I'll donate one canned/non-perishable item to a food bank in my city!!**
4 comments:
Great post!:)
I am thankful for a relationship with the Lord, my fantastic husband, my hilarious children, this new life inside me who is nonstop moving today, new friends (and old!), and that God gives us the ability to help others in need...like you donating a canned good or non-perishable for my comment!
I did this as a post already (with more serious results), but today I am thankful for the sale at Gymboree (where I have bought maybe 3 things total for my boys, but drool frequently). I got a sweater for Jack for Christmas for $11. I would have had to pay that at Wal-Mart (still would have cringed) but it is Gymboree for heaven's sake...the store who makes cute children's clothes CUTER than cute! I love this sweater so much I may just think of a way to make it go with a girl outfit should baby #3 be a girl. But if I DO have a girl I will have to stay out of Gymboree altogether until she is a teenager. So, that is was I am thankful for today :o)
I'm thankful for the way that God has allowed my three beautiful daughters to be raised by their mother and me. What a joy it is to read your blogs and see that God has raised three mature Christians that continue to encourage me in my walk with Him and life in general. I'm so thankful....
Post a Comment