Oh, Gals... It's no joke that self-esteem isn't my most treasured virtue. However, I find that having positive "mommy self-esteem" is even harder on some days. Am I really raising my child right? Am I giving him enough love with enough instruction? Am I being too rough on him? So many times I find myself questioning my abilities and feeling that I just fall short. And just as I rebound with positive feelings and move in a good direction, I get set back again. And I feel that it's just confirming my original feelings! GRRR.... Anyone else feel like this?
Perhaps it is just a side effect of being a made-mommy, and not a born-mommy.
3 comments:
I think born-mommy or made-mommy one struggles with whether they're doing a good job, being a mom is scarey.
I would consider myseld a born-mommy; I love all the ooh-gooey-messy-sleepless nights. However, I'm scared to death as to how I'm going to raise my girls to be godly women, who are beautiful on the inside, who have great self-esteem and fear the Lord.
Especially with Brie having her Port Wine Stain. How do I raise someone who is no doubt beautiful, to know she is beautiful, even if she looks differnt than other girls. At almost three the why questions have become and I'm battling the "mommy self-esteem" everyday.
I guess the only answer I have for myself is to know what God's Word says about my role and His expectations and to pray A LOT for my girls!
I think everyone struggles with this...you are so not alone! Just try to keep the same expectations every day...hard as that is. I struggle with this all the time...hang in there, I'm sure you are doing great!!!
Dude, I think if you weren't questioning your ability as a mom, THEN there would be a problem! It's the hardest dang job ever, and you're doing great at it!
Post a Comment