
Yesterday, I took Penelope to the plastic surgeon who will be doing the surgery on her eye to remove her skin tag. Meeting the doctor really took a lot of pressure off my mind. He has a lot of experience working with eyes and plastic surgery. The doctor has plans to remove the skin tag in a very conservative way, without the need for anesthesia or the need to intibate. He does not anticipate the procedure to take more than 15 minutes. And just like any visit with the doctor, I have more questions now since I've been home, than I did when I was in the office. :) But, we are thankful for being referred to a wonderful doctor who has so much experience and who was very gentle with our little girl. Our next step is to wait for the insurance company to allow the surgery, and then we will schedule it.
In other news, I'll be taking Penelope to the cardiologist for a full work up in a week or so. The pediatrician spent a bit of time listening to her heart and feels that she may have a heart murmur. She is pretty sure that it is an innocent murmur (which means it will go away as she grows - which is the kind of murmur that I had as a child). But she wants to be sure that there are no other underlying problems. And if you remember, we had concerns during my pregnancy about her heart. So we take this all in stride and are so appreciative of our doctors and their complete care for our daughters health.
Please keep Penelope in your prayers as we prepare for both the surgery and for the cardiologist appt. The cardiologist appt is planned to be about 2 hours long of testing, so it will be a long afternoon for the the princess. :)
Also, please enjoy the photo above. I received our photos from the photographer this week. And Oh, I just love them. What a beautiful job she did!! I will post a few more in a couple of days. There are a few (including the one above) that she did some photoshop work that I am so proud of, as she took "off" Penelope's skin tag... very neat!
5 comments:
The picture is beautiful! I'll be praying for your baby girl and her appointments. Glad to hear the skin tag removal won't be too tricky.
Hey Erin,
Yes, I did use a program to make those collages. It's a free download - Picasa 3. I think Google makes it. You should check it out. I touch up a lot of my photos with that program too. It's like a lower version of PhotoShop.
I use a Cannon Rebel xSi. I love it.
Melissa
Oh that picture is just so pretty. James saw it as I was reading your post and said "there's a baby momma. A NEW baby"! We will be praying for Little Miss P and her appointments, keep us updated!
Glad to hear that the skin tag removal will be a quick procedure. Praying for the cardiologist appt. I too, had and still have a slight heart murmur. Praying for dr's to have wisdom!
That photo is gorgeous!!!!
Post a Comment