Tuesday, August 12, 2008

$40 under

So, I took the plunge and decided on a paint color and started painting our bedroom. As most of you know, I am very indecisive and I've literally been thinking about doing this for MONTHS. But had so many things to consider... the bathroom color that was already done, the color of the furniture and the vaulted ceiling. Then I found out Ken didn't want something dark. Oh, so many decisions. My computer loving husband just wanted to keep our white walls, but I would not have it. I need color in my life. Color invokes emotion... but I suppose for a computer engineer, emotion is hard to come by :) Anywho, back to the story... I decided to paint a color called "Vintage Grape". Actually, it is a bit darker than Ken would have preferred, but I showed him a picture of it, and he said he liked it. I asked him again later to make sure and he said yes. But now that it's up, he says it a bit too dark. It took the weekend to paint the ceiling and the walls.

But how do I feel about it? I feel that the room isn't even in my house. It doesn't even feel like the same room. Its very romantic and warm and comfortable. The furniture is even in the same spots. And to make it even better, I am $40 under budget, now that I'm all purchase. I even purchased my splurge item - bed side lamps. As soon as I put the last piece of artwork up, I'll take and post photos.

No comments: