When I was in college, my roommate was an avid camp counselor for "abstinence camp". When she returned from a weekend at the camp, she brought me and our other roommates fun souvenirs. The one thing I got was a t-shirt that lists the top ten reason why "i'm worth waiting for." I was thinking the other day that I've had this particular t-shirt for over 7 years... almost 8. Anyway, Ken hates this shirt... It has a little "sperm" on the front, that says "I'm worth waiting for". He despises this shirt, especially now that we're married. So, from time to time, I wear the shirt, just to get his goat! :) He hates the shirt so much that he's threatened to burn it or to get rid of it without me knowing. Well, this time he almost had me. Except for the fact that he forgot that I clean our house, so if he hides it, I'm bound to find it sooner or later.
Two weekends ago when I was preparing to paint our bedroom, I was moving the chair (the orange one in the photos) to the center of the room. It is an older chair and has arm covers and a headrest cover. I took these off the chair and thought the that they would be best placed under the cushion of the chair, to keep them from getting in the way or lost. As I lifted up the cushion of the chair, there lies my t-shirt. Nicely folded under the cushion. Just waiting for me to find it. And I did! :)
When I mentioned it to Ken, he first acted like he didn't know what I was talking about and then burst into laughter and was so proud of himself for the hiding job... that it lasted a couple of weeks :)
He's so funny... But I have my shirt back and will continue to wear it with pride!
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment