So, in less than 3 weeks, I will have a house full of company. Both my parents and my in-laws will be coming to help us celebrate Finnegan's 1st birthday. I can hardly believe that my baby will be a year old! Oh, how time flies! But unfortunately, that is not the reason for my post. As of late, I've been obsessed with my family coming. Both my parents and my mother-in-law have been to our house. But when they were here, I was greatly pregnant or had just had a baby and just recovering from a HUGE infection. So, I sort of think that there was this unwritten rule that the house didn't need to be in the perfect shape, or that if something didn't get clean properly, there was an excuse. Well, now I feel that there is no excuse. Everything should be perfect for when they arrive. Now, I know that I don't run a bed and breakfast, but feel that things should be just as inviting, although they'll be sleeping on the floor.
So, the transformations have begun. I've been working on our spare room. This is where Ken's mom and dad will stay. It is just large enough for the bed that we have that needs to go into it, but not with all the extra furniture that is in there too! So, I've been working to get Ken to get ride of some books, so that we can make room for more things in the garage. He's been able to get rid of some books, but we still have way too many for our book shelves. I've also been busy condensing boxes that are in the garage and getting rid of needless things. Tonight, I was able to get the spare bedroom condensed enough so that we can move the needless furniture out and make more room for our guests. And although we are preparing for these current guests, we are forever preparing for that 4th guest that will enter our family and need his or her own room! :) But hopefully once we reach that point, we'll be ready to get a larger house (or shortly there after) so I won't have to worry too much about the extra stuff!! :)
So, I will work for the next week or so on the house and then I will move onto the other tasks before our guests come... menus, party details etc. I want to have everything done so I don't have to do any running once they arrive.
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
1 comment:
Ok, so I'm confused!! Are you announcing that you are pregnant or not? I looked back and saw that you said you aren't... but now you're preparing for the 4th person in your family... Maybe I'm slow. Or sleep deprived. I know that's true. But still, clue me in!
Post a Comment