So, I have again mowed the lawn for my husband. This week I started with the front yard, thinking that if it got too hot, I'd finish the next day. I did get very hot, as it is in the 80's here this week, but got the full front yard cut and it looks very nice. I started on the back yard and had a few problems. The first problem was that we have half of our lawn that tends to be the "fertilizing" area of the back yard, courtesy of our two pups, Oreo and Tootsie. The other half of the lawn tends to be the "tinkling" area of the dogs. If you are familiar with either of the two items, you know that one fertilizes and the other kills because of the ammonia content. Therefore we have one half of the yard that grows very well, is super green and very plush - this is also the area right next to the pond, so all the algae water gets deposited there. The other half of the lawn is brown and is patchy at best. Therefore, the contrast in the two creates a problem when mowing... One side there's not much to mow, and the other needs to be mowed a couple of times in one session. So, in order to remedy this problem I do tend to mow the longer side a couple of times. Problem letter B that I'm having is in regard to mower maintence. I am not a mechanic and never will be. But it seems that every time I pull the mower out, it needs some sort of "adjustment". Last time, it was out of oil. This time it was out of gas. I'm sure next time I'll need to sharpen the blade!! :) Anywho, I got the whole thing cut for my hubby and got a bit of exercise yet again this week. :)
On the weight loss front - speaking of exercise. I've held strong at 12 lbs and can't seem to lose much more. I have about 35 more to reach my goal. I have plenty of time to do it in and I'm trying to focus on 1 lb a week... That's how I got this far. But now I think my body's plateaued, so I'm just trying to get over that hump (no pun intended)!
Have a great week everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment