Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to work!

Well, today was the day most people went back to work. That included me! Ken went back to work, so that means that I must be back to being a full-time mommy! Boy, I must say, I get spoiled when my husband is home. He doens't do everything with Finnegan, but he definitely gives me a break from diaper duty and dinner duty in the same hour! I do miss Ken during the day, but am glad that he's back to "bringing home the bacon!"

With Ken going back to work, I also got back to my old routine :) I took a small trip to the grocery store and then to visit my friends at Target :) I did go to get specific items and was luared over to the Christmas Clearance area. I normally don't get suckered into that section, but when I saw the signs declaring "90% Off", I had to take a look! And boy did I find deals! Anything that is 90% off is a deal in my book! So I got a replacement garland for our banister with lights, that was originally $9.99, I got it for $1. The one that we have burnt out (the lights don't work anymore), so, now I have a replacement. I also found shatterproof bulbs (a box of 82 bulbs) originally $20, for $2.00. Boy, I couldn't believe it!! So I bought two boxes :) Then, this afternoon, I went back to scan over the Christmas trees. They didn't have any large pre-lit ones left, but they did have a slimline tree, 6ft tall (35in diam) that was originally $25.00, I got it for $2.75 (this was Tax included). I couldn't believe it!! So, this will be our bedroom tree. I think sitting in the dark with only Christmas tree on is so romantic. So I got one for our bedroom! :) I ws so excited about all my purchases!! Oh, and the best part of the shopping today... I bought $44 of merchandise, and saved $65. Who does that?? That was great!!

Being back to work, also means being back to our old workout and new lifestyle! So, I woke up this morning at 5:30am and met Shawnta at her home to work out with Challene... Well, Chalene is on the DVD, but she leads the workout :) I didn't like working out. The whole time I was fighting the urge to just sit down. I was so tired. But afterwards, I felt better. I haven't even taken a nap today like I normally do. So hopefully getting back into working out will make me feel better overall!

How was your first day back to work?

1 comment:

Jess said...

My first day back was amazing! I missed the girls so very much. The youngest was sick, but we played rock band and played with bendaroos. Their mom is out of town for the week, and so we were making flowers for her return on Saturday. It was so precious!!

I can't tell you how excited I was to get back. Of course, I get to play, and help them with homework, and do "mom" things with them for a few hours every day, and there is nothing more exciting in my book! Glad you had a great day back as well! :)