Friday, January 16, 2009

Blessings with a Temper

So, we'll start off with the super exciting news. Mom and Dad's house went up for sale on Thursday of last week. They had their first showing appointment this morning and even before the lady arrived, her real estate agent said she'd take the house. Before they arrived, they'd talked about the specific things that she wanted in a home:
  • 4 bedrooms
  • 1.5 baths
  • Full Basement
  • Two car garage
  • nice size back yard
  • Deck in the back
  • Burnt Orange Carpet - THIS IS NO JOKE - She requested this color carpet!!
Well, as most of you know, each of these things is exactly what my parents home is. Down to the T! It is really crazy! Earlier this morning, while lifting my family up in prayer I asked the Lord that the person viewing the home would walk in and it would be exactly what they wanted. And it has come to be! Now, it's a matter of moving! Mom and Dad have to be out in 2 weeks, and completely moved to the Rochester House (only 12 miles away). (Plug - so if you have some free time in the next two weeks and want to donate an hour or two to my folks and them packing or making a couple of trips over to the new house, let me know - I know they'd really appreciate (and need) the help! ) So we are praising the Lord through this time, as it has only been about 4 months that they've been actively seeking a real estate agent, and working through the possibilities. The sign has only been up a week, and there was really no listing of the house on the internet. This lady will be only leasing the house, but this is a blessing. We pray that she'll continue to be in the house for many years to come, and hopefully purchase it one day!!

And now to the not so good news... So I talked about my temper earlier in the week. It seems like I'm PMSing or something because I am completely unable to harness my emotions. It's crazy! Today, Finnegan was pushing my buttons all morning, and then, completely unexpectedly, he picked up my coffee cup and lifted it up from the coffee table but not high enough to make it over the arm rest of the couch, and poured it all over my lap top! I was quick to clean it up and quick to call the hubby for instruction... but I could have blackened his backside - Finnegan, not Ken :) I was so mad! He's into everything, and I can't keep up. My question the other day was why do I even want another one?? Crazy!! Well, the good news is that I was able to harness my anger enough to be only a medeocre mom until nap time. Good thing it came early this afternoon!

2 comments:

Jenney said...

PMSing...or pregnant? Sure you're not? :o)
Anyway, what a huge blessing on your parents home. Now I won't know anyone living in that neighborhood when I drive by...you know, the once a year I drive by :o)

Erica said...

True Jenney... I always think of them when I drive by, once every year or two, also. I have been feeling super edgy, too. I think I mentioned that in your last post, but I don't know... maybe it helps to know you're not alone. I really don't know what's wrong w/ me because it isn't close to PMS time... it could just be the lack of fresh air and the beginning of the doldrums (some people call it spring fever... I think the doldrums is a better name).