Saturday, January 31, 2009

Posting??

So I haven't posted in a while, it feels like. There really isn't much that's happening around here, to blog about.... Here are some highlights o the week...

  • After Finnegan's big fall on Wednesday, he had his first nose bleed on Friday! That was exciting!
  • We visited a friend of ours in town who had a new baby last week. Finn and I went over and took her some meals and played with her daughter for a bit. It was nice to see a new born baby. But amazing too, to think that my little guy was that small!!
  • Today we had a mommy and daddy date with Finnegan. We still have a few make ups to do at Gymboree and so we went as a family today. And of course I forgot my camera. But Finnegan had a good time with Daddy, especially! What a special time it was for us to play together.
  • On the weight front, I'm a little frustrated still. I've not only broken the plateau, but gone in the wrong direction. I am hoping its because we've been doing sculpting ths week and I'm gaining muscle mass. And although the scale is up by 2 lbs, I really don't feel like I've gained 2lbs. I feel good about how I look. I keep working out each day and we're plugging along. So whether or not the weight is moving, I'm still doing right by my body. :)
  • Ken and I went on a date last week to see Revolutionary Road... It was pretty good. Nothing, I'd own, but definitely I enjoyed the Winslet/DiCaprio duo.
  • We have a Super Bowl Party tomorrow. I've made Tomatillo Salsa Verde. Hopefully it will taste good. If so, I'll post the recipe. I've never used Tomatillos before, but I'm excited to see how they taste.
  • I've been freezing the last week. And complaining all the way. So this week, instead of buying a Snuggie, I pulled out my fleece robe that I got for Christmas several years ago. I feel like an old lady who walks around in her robe all day, but its the only solution that I can come up with for staying warm :)
  • I have begun cropping the over 400 photos I have from our vacation so that I can start on Finnegan's scrap book. I also realized that I bought, WAY too many photos. But when 5 people took photos, and your ordering from 5 (or more) albums, it's hard to remember which other photos you purchased. :) So, the extras will go in Finn's personal photo album that Aunt Kate got him for Christmas.
Have a great weekend. Hopefully I'll have more to talk about next week... perhaps I'll do a review of Superbowl commercials.

Oh, we're rooting for Arizona Cardnals, as a hopeful revenge for John McCain! :)

2 comments:

Jenney said...

Hey Erin!
Don't worry about the weight/workout thing. Plateaus (so sorry about my spelling) are so so common. I asked my husband about them (he's a personal trainer for his police department and we both are amateur nutritionists these days) and he said they happen to everyone. The best way to get over them and move on is to up the intensity of your work out...even if it is shorter, make it harder. Plus, as you build muscle, that weighs more than fat, so it is possible to weigh more but be more in shape/healthier. If you up your workout you will start losing again...also just take out 100-200 calories out of your diet each day for a week and see if that helps. I am proud of you for working out...I don't-ever. I know I should, but I have no desire. I am terrible.

The Blanchards said...

Okay, so the commercials for the "snuggies" totally creeps me out. Especially the part where the man and woman are both wearing one and are sitting there playing scrabble. I don't know why, it's just plain creepy!

I'm glad you have decided not to get one. :)