If you didn't catch my last post, Finnegan spilled coffee (with sugar and cream, none the less) on my laptop on Friday morning! Oh, I was in for a bad day! I cleaned it up as best I could and called Ken. He told me to let it dry out before turning it back on... So I did. I let it dry, and turned it on about 6 hours later... Not thinking much of it. Well, it wasn't real dry. The fan kept blowing and that didn't settle with me. So ken suggested taking it apart and cleaning the inside. Since he didn't trust me to do it and to do it properly, he led the way, and I stood by with supplies and helped as best I could. There was coffee in the fan, and in the keys. We cleaned it as best as we could, and then took it out to the air compressor to blow any other liquid out of it. And even more came out. I let the computer sit again for another 24 hours and have just opened it again for todays use. The only problem that it has now, is sticky keys. Particularly from f9-the backspace. The backspace button is the worst. Last night we attempted to take off several keys and found them almost impossible to put them back on. So I may attempted to pull of this one key and clean under it, hopefully making it better.
Did I mention that this is a brand new computer. About 6 weeks old? Oh, I still can't believe it!!
Appeal, For Love’s Sake
7 years ago
2 comments:
We are putting off buying a new computer right now. I am so so sorry to hear your new one had such a mishap. Right now our battery doesn't work, the powercord has been replaced twice and is now TAPED into the port, my 'q' button and I fight daily, and we have only the tiniest bit of memory left on our hard drive. I just like to think of it as 'well loved'. I hope yours starts getting better soon!
Yikes! This would be a tough enough situation to handle with an older computer, but it is heart breaking with a new computer! Glad to hear that it is working though and I hope the sticky key issue will be resolved soon.
Post a Comment